Tuesday, October 3, 2017

More House Statements about the Las Vegas Shooting

Mike Quigley (D-IL, 5th)

"I never thought I’d wake up this morning to the news of the deadliest shooting in U.S. history; but unfortunately, this devastation is all too familiar. I join the world in expressing my deepest sympathies to the victims and their families in last night's heartbreaking attack.

"Many have asked when is the time to discuss gun violence prevention. The answer is yesterday, today, and always. There is no doubt the absence of smart gun laws plays a leading role in these attacks. We can and must do better."

David G. Reichert (R-WA, 8th)

"My heart breaks for the families of the victims, the wounded, and all those impacted by last night’s tragic, senseless, and evil event and I continue to pray for those being treated in the hospital," said Rep. Reichert. "Targeting innocent individuals enjoying time with family and friends is beyond evil and cowardly. As this tragedy continues to be investigated, we must all be thankful for the incredible bravery and swift action of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, Clark County Sheriff’s Office, all first responders, as well as local trauma center personnel. We must remain resilient as one nation."

Phil Roe (R-TN, 1st)

“I am heartbroken by the senseless and horrific shooting in Las Vegas. I am praying for the innocent victims, their families and the city of Las Vegas. I’m grateful to the Las Vegas Police Department, first responders and local authorities who responded quickly – they are true heroes. Clarinda and I echo the sentiments expressed by President Trump this morning and join the nation in praying for the quick recovery of the injured, for unity and for peace.”

Jacky Rosen (D-NV, 3rd)

“There are no words to describe the devastation that our community has suffered and witnessed. I am heartbroken over the evil, horrific act of violence that has shaken Las Vegas and taken scores of innocent lives and injured hundreds more. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their loved ones, and with our community. I am grateful to the Las Vegas Metro Police Department, our first responders, and all of the brave souls who risked their lives to save others. This unspeakable tragedy has left a dark stain on our history, but we will not let this painful moment define us. Las Vegas will always be a strong, vibrant city with an open heart and our lights will always keep on shining.”

No comments:

Post a Comment