Thursday, October 26, 2017

Senator Jeff Flake Will Not Serve Another Term

BQ 468x60 Banner

Washington, D.C. - October 26, 2017 (The Ponder News) -- U.S. Senator Jeff Flake - (R - AZ) spoke on the Senate floor announcing that he will be retiring from the Senate at the end of his first term.

“I have decided that I will be better able to represent the people of Arizona and to better serve my country and my conscience by freeing myself from the political considerations that consume far too much bandwidth and would cause me to compromise far too many principles. To that end, I am announcing today that my service in the Senate will conclude at the end of my term in early January 2019,” said Flake.



Charles W. Dent (R-PA, 15th)

"Today's announcement by my friend Senator Jeff Flake is sad news for the people of Arizona, the U.S. Senate and the entire United States. Jeff has always acted according to a clear compass of conservative principles, with recognition and respect for the responsibility to govern. A true statesman and dedicated public servant--Jeff never shied away from speaking out against the dysfunction and instability that has come to dominate Washington. I wish Jeff, his wife Cheryl, and their family all the best in whatever may lie ahead."

Trent Franks (R-AR, 8th)

“In spite of our sometimes stark political differences, I consider Senator Jeff Flake a truly decent human being and a man who loves God, his country and his fellow human beings. I wish him and his family the very best God can give them during his remaining time in the Senate and going forward in life.”

Jeb Hensarling (R-TX, 5th)

“Jeff is a dear friend and someone I worked closely with in the House of Representatives. His commitment to limited government, freedom, responsibility, and genuine compassion for people across the world will not soon be forgotten. Jeff is a strong leader and fiscal conservative who will be missed in Congress. I wish him the best of luck on his next journey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment